As long as businesses continue to operate and make money, cyber-criminals will look for ways to break in, exploit weaknesses, and steal.
To defeat them, you need to find the angles they use to exploit your systems.
Here are 6 Known angles cyber-criminals exploit.
- Threat #1: STOLEN DEVICES
Hackers physically stealing equipment with sensitive data.
- 80% of the cost of a stolen laptop is from stolen data
Encrypt all devices and use an asset-tracking tool to keep an inventory.
- Threat #2: POOR USER AWARENESS
Users using weak passwords and falling for phishing scams.
- 85%of organizations have experienced a phishing attack
Provide user awareness training.
- Threat #3: OUT-OF-DATE ANTIVIRUS
New malware strains come online daily.
- 390,000 New malware strains created each day.
Update virus definitions and leverage behavioral and heuristic scans.
- Threat #4: UNPATCHED SOFTWARE
Out-of-date software can be susceptible to automated attacks.
- ONLY 25% of Microsoft® Windows® users run the latest, fully patched version
Use a patch management tool to keep up.
- Threat #5: MALICIOUS WEBSITES
Hackers use Drive-by downloads or phishing websites to steal credentials.
- 195,000 unique domains were used for phishing attacks in 2016.
Deploy a web content-filtering solution to keep users off malicious websites.
- Threat 6. LACK OF MONITORING
Attacks often go unnoticed.
- ‘205 Days’ THAT is the average time it takes for organizations to discover an intrusion
Use a strong monitoring system to detect unauthorized access.